Sunday, May 2, 2010

Levi has a boo boo. :(


We've had a bad weekend in the Haney household. Saturday night Levi came over to me to give me a Finding Nemo dvd to put in. He turned around to walk away, got tripped up, and fell on his right hand funny. I instantly heard a pop and he was screaming. After about an hour he calmed down and was moving it, however it seemed to hurt some when he touched his thumb to something. He went to bed at 11 without a fuss. He woke up at 1:30 am screaming like crazy and wouldn't let me touch his hand. So, we ended up at the ER. That in its self was a horrible experience. The Dr orders and Xray and when the Xray techs came in they were less than helpful. All the girl would do was say "Hi honey, put your hand up here". Umm...right. She didn't attempt to help me hold his arm to allow the other tech to take the xray. Instead she got the Dr to come in who first was very rude and went on and on about how "we have to get this xray. Step aside, let me do it". Then proceeded to basically sit on him....which I understand it had to be done. Turns out he had a buckle fracture of his metacarpal in his right thumb. They splinted it and gave us a referral to an orthopedist. It took 4 people to hold him and 1 person to get the splint put on. It was heartbreaking for me because he was crying so much and would look at me screaming "momma, momma, momma" and there wasn't anything I could do for him while they were working with him. I ended up standing in the corner crying while the Dr held him down for the Xray. It is heartbreaking to see your child going through so much pain. I have a child that is a dare devil. He has absolutely NO fear at all. Unfortunately for us, I think there will be many bumps and bruises over the years. I just hope there isn't many broken bones and major things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment